It was a much different post-game meeting Saturday, compared to the Idaho State game a week ago. …
PHOTO GALLERY: Idaho at Utah State
OBSERVATIONS AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Nathan Enderle - Quarterback Enderle had a mix of ups and downs Saturday, and finished the game with 161 yards on 20-of-35 attempts, with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Eddie Williams - Idaho's clear go-to receiver, senior Eddie Williams had an impressive 45-yard completion in the first quarter called back because of an offensive line penalty, and still finished the afternoon with 70 yards on five receptions including a touchdown. One of Idaho's team leaders, Williams brings it every down of every game - a key asset with so many young athletes learning the game on offense.
- Preston Davis - Kudos to true freshman wide receiver Preston Davis on recording the first touchdown of his career at Idaho - an acrobatic catch in the endzone that gave Idaho a 14-7 lead in the third quarter. He finished with the most receptions on the team (6) for 52 yards and a long of 16 yards. With starting split end Maurice Shaw out with an injury, Davis will be looked to as an even more prime target in the weeks ahead.
- Paul Senescall - Kudos to University of Idaho sophomore linebacker Paul Senescall as he led the Vandals defensively Saturday with nine tackles (including seven solo take downs) in a backup role at Logan. Senescall is a versatile athlete and is expected to play multiple linebacker positions for the Vandals this season.
- INJURIES - Idaho sustained to key losses in the game Saturday at Utah State. Junior strong safety Shiloh Keo, a 2nd Team All-WAC selection last year and Idaho's starting punt returner and defensive captain, missed the entire second half with what is believed to be a shoulder injury. Offensively, Idaho lost one of it's top young wide receivers when Maurice Shaw went down with a leg injury. How long each will be out is uncertain.
GoVandals.net Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More
- Vandal Football Twitter Account
- This seems like it's going to sort of suck for CFB
- UMass kicked out of the MAC
- Despite struggles, Idaho Vandals determined to adapt...FBS
- UI vs WSU 1958. Neale Stadium. Keith Jackson announcing