It was a much different post-game meeting Saturday, compared to the Idaho State game a week ago. …
PHOTO GALLERY: Idaho at Utah State
OBSERVATIONS AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Nathan Enderle - Quarterback Enderle had a mix of ups and downs Saturday, and finished the game with 161 yards on 20-of-35 attempts, with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Eddie Williams - Idaho's clear go-to receiver, senior Eddie Williams had an impressive 45-yard completion in the first quarter called back because of an offensive line penalty, and still finished the afternoon with 70 yards on five receptions including a touchdown. One of Idaho's team leaders, Williams brings it every down of every game - a key asset with so many young athletes learning the game on offense.
- Preston Davis - Kudos to true freshman wide receiver Preston Davis on recording the first touchdown of his career at Idaho - an acrobatic catch in the endzone that gave Idaho a 14-7 lead in the third quarter. He finished with the most receptions on the team (6) for 52 yards and a long of 16 yards. With starting split end Maurice Shaw out with an injury, Davis will be looked to as an even more prime target in the weeks ahead.
- Paul Senescall - Kudos to University of Idaho sophomore linebacker Paul Senescall as he led the Vandals defensively Saturday with nine tackles (including seven solo take downs) in a backup role at Logan. Senescall is a versatile athlete and is expected to play multiple linebacker positions for the Vandals this season.
- INJURIES - Idaho sustained to key losses in the game Saturday at Utah State. Junior strong safety Shiloh Keo, a 2nd Team All-WAC selection last year and Idaho's starting punt returner and defensive captain, missed the entire second half with what is believed to be a shoulder injury. Offensively, Idaho lost one of it's top young wide receivers when Maurice Shaw went down with a leg injury. How long each will be out is uncertain.
163 Fans online
- Vandal Football Twitter Account
- This seems like it's going to sort of suck for CFB
- UMass kicked out of the MAC
- Despite struggles, Idaho Vandals determined to adapt...FBS
- UI vs WSU 1958. Neale Stadium. Keith Jackson announcing