PHOTO GALLERY: Idaho at Utah State
OBSERVATIONS AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Nathan Enderle - Quarterback Enderle had a mix of ups and downs Saturday, and finished the game with 161 yards on 20-of-35 attempts, with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Eddie Williams - Idaho's clear go-to receiver, senior Eddie Williams had an impressive 45-yard completion in the first quarter called back because of an offensive line penalty, and still finished the afternoon with 70 yards on five receptions including a touchdown. One of Idaho's team leaders, Williams brings it every down of every game - a key asset with so many young athletes learning the game on offense.
- Preston Davis - Kudos to true freshman wide receiver Preston Davis on recording the first touchdown of his career at Idaho - an acrobatic catch in the endzone that gave Idaho a 14-7 lead in the third quarter. He finished with the most receptions on the team (6) for 52 yards and a long of 16 yards. With starting split end Maurice Shaw out with an injury, Davis will be looked to as an even more prime target in the weeks ahead.
- Paul Senescall - Kudos to University of Idaho sophomore linebacker Paul Senescall as he led the Vandals defensively Saturday with nine tackles (including seven solo take downs) in a backup role at Logan. Senescall is a versatile athlete and is expected to play multiple linebacker positions for the Vandals this season.
- INJURIES - Idaho sustained to key losses in the game Saturday at Utah State. Junior strong safety Shiloh Keo, a 2nd Team All-WAC selection last year and Idaho's starting punt returner and defensive captain, missed the entire second half with what is believed to be a shoulder injury. Offensively, Idaho lost one of it's top young wide receivers when Maurice Shaw went down with a leg injury. How long each will be out is uncertain.
GoVandals.net Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Key Matchups
Another week brings a whole new slew of matchups. This week, Dr. Roto really likes Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler (pictured above) as he goes up against the Miami Dolphins.Read More
NFL Week 7: Scores & Recaps
Our staff breaks down every game this week with insider info.Read More
Week 7: Fantasy Football Weekly
The internet is buzzing about our new Fantasy Football Weekly column! Here we recap all the noteworthy news from the past week to get you caught up. Everything you need to know in one place! All…Read More
Keith “Catman” Sutton’s guide to catching blue catfish all year long.Read More
10 Most Haunted Historical Places
Here are ten over the most haunted locations in America.Read More
- Vandal Football Twitter Account
- This seems like it's going to sort of suck for CFB
- UMass kicked out of the MAC
- Despite struggles, Idaho Vandals determined to adapt...FBS
- UI vs WSU 1958. Neale Stadium. Keith Jackson announcing