THE VANDAL FRONT COURT OF STEPHEN MADISON AND KYLE BARONE, COUPLED WITH WING MIKE MCCHRISTIAN,…
Vandals beat Seattle U in WAC opener
- Senior center Kyle Barone was exceptional Saturday, leading the Vandals (5-6, 1-0 WAC) with 25-points and 11 rebounds despite facing double- and triple-teams all night. A pre-season First-Team All-WAC selection, this was his second consecutive 20-10 game and third of the year.
- Newcomer Robert Harris, a junior guard, ignited Idaho's late-game surge, hitting three consecutive 3-pointers in the final three minutes enroute to setting a new career mark for himself at 16-points in the game.
- Sophomore guard Connor Hill scored 12-points Saturday, including going 2-of-4 from behind the 3-point arc.
- The Vandals overcame the loss of Mansa Habeeb who missed the game with the flu, while leading scorer junior forward Stephen Madison got into foul trouble early and was limited, particularly in the second half.
- Next up for the Vandals are two more WAC road contests against teams that also earned victories on the opening weekend of conference play. Idaho will play at San Jose State on Thursday, Jan. 3, at 7 p.m. (PT), and then follow up at Utah State on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. (PT).
LINK: OFFICIAL IDAHO SITE: Vandals rally at Seattle (Story & Stats)
LINK: Idaho sinks Seattle University in WAC debut (Seattle Times)
GoVandals.net Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More
- Vandal Football Twitter Account
- This seems like it's going to sort of suck for CFB
- UMass kicked out of the MAC
- Despite struggles, Idaho Vandals determined to adapt...FBS
- UI vs WSU 1958. Neale Stadium. Keith Jackson announcing