THE VANDAL FRONT COURT OF STEPHEN MADISON AND KYLE BARONE, COUPLED WITH WING MIKE MCCHRISTIAN,…
Vandals beat Seattle U in WAC opener
- Senior center Kyle Barone was exceptional Saturday, leading the Vandals (5-6, 1-0 WAC) with 25-points and 11 rebounds despite facing double- and triple-teams all night. A pre-season First-Team All-WAC selection, this was his second consecutive 20-10 game and third of the year.
- Newcomer Robert Harris, a junior guard, ignited Idaho's late-game surge, hitting three consecutive 3-pointers in the final three minutes enroute to setting a new career mark for himself at 16-points in the game.
- Sophomore guard Connor Hill scored 12-points Saturday, including going 2-of-4 from behind the 3-point arc.
- The Vandals overcame the loss of Mansa Habeeb who missed the game with the flu, while leading scorer junior forward Stephen Madison got into foul trouble early and was limited, particularly in the second half.
- Next up for the Vandals are two more WAC road contests against teams that also earned victories on the opening weekend of conference play. Idaho will play at San Jose State on Thursday, Jan. 3, at 7 p.m. (PT), and then follow up at Utah State on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. (PT).
LINK: OFFICIAL IDAHO SITE: Vandals rally at Seattle (Story & Stats)
LINK: Idaho sinks Seattle University in WAC debut (Seattle Times)
GoVandals.net Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More
- Vandal Football Twitter Account
- This seems like it's going to sort of suck for CFB
- UMass kicked out of the MAC
- Despite struggles, Idaho Vandals determined to adapt...FBS
- UI vs WSU 1958. Neale Stadium. Keith Jackson announcing