THE VANDAL FRONT COURT OF STEPHEN MADISON AND KYLE BARONE, COUPLED WITH WING MIKE MCCHRISTIAN,…
Vandals beat Seattle U in WAC opener
- Senior center Kyle Barone was exceptional Saturday, leading the Vandals (5-6, 1-0 WAC) with 25-points and 11 rebounds despite facing double- and triple-teams all night. A pre-season First-Team All-WAC selection, this was his second consecutive 20-10 game and third of the year.
- Newcomer Robert Harris, a junior guard, ignited Idaho's late-game surge, hitting three consecutive 3-pointers in the final three minutes enroute to setting a new career mark for himself at 16-points in the game.
- Sophomore guard Connor Hill scored 12-points Saturday, including going 2-of-4 from behind the 3-point arc.
- The Vandals overcame the loss of Mansa Habeeb who missed the game with the flu, while leading scorer junior forward Stephen Madison got into foul trouble early and was limited, particularly in the second half.
- Next up for the Vandals are two more WAC road contests against teams that also earned victories on the opening weekend of conference play. Idaho will play at San Jose State on Thursday, Jan. 3, at 7 p.m. (PT), and then follow up at Utah State on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. (PT).
LINK: OFFICIAL IDAHO SITE: Vandals rally at Seattle (Story & Stats)
LINK: Idaho sinks Seattle University in WAC debut (Seattle Times)
GoVandals.net Recommended Stories
Week 12: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risks! Since the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
Our weekly look at how the CFB Playoff will look in December based on the newest Top 25...Read More
Hardin blasts Goodell over Peterson case
Adrian Peterson’s defense attorney Rusty Hardin blasted the NFL commissioner over his handling of Peterson’s suspension, saying he is trying to make up for the NFL’s handling of the Ray Rice situation…Read More
The Biggest Reveals of the 2014 LA Auto Show
These eight glorious machines demonstrate the future of automotive design and technology.Read More
The Death of a Trophy Bass Lake
One big bass hunter's dream might have just died with the Golden Alga bloom on this trophy bass fishery in CaliforniaRead More
- Vandal Football Twitter Account
- This seems like it's going to sort of suck for CFB
- UMass kicked out of the MAC
- Despite struggles, Idaho Vandals determined to adapt...FBS
- UI vs WSU 1958. Neale Stadium. Keith Jackson announcing